32/M hurt my back for the second time in a year. What are your suggestions on keeping a strong back?

/u/WhenPigsFly87 ,

I don't mean any disrespect to /u/ReachTheSky , but do not take his advice unless you do so under the guidance of a professional of some kind. You could screw your back up even more. Unfortunately, while many personal trainers have a lot of expertise, their certifications mean very little so you can't use that as a guide to finding someone trustworthy. Same goes for yoga teachers. Some are really good, many are not, and many more don't.

I would recommend seeing a physical therapist to get an educated diagnosis of your problem, and an individualized therapy plan based on science AND your diagnosis. Depending on your insurance coverage it could be the same cost or LESS than a personal trainer.

/r/AskMenOver30 Thread Parent