Fastest way to become a millionaire

There's a tradeoff between creativity and cost (effort, time, risk).

Barring illegal methods, probably a "social media startup" company. 1. Pick a financial scam (pyramid scheme, time-share, casino, etc.) 2. Implement this scam in a "new media" format where it hasn't been made illegal yet.

For example, invent a new digital cryptocurrency that's embedded in pornographic .gif images. Create a media controversy for free advertising. Keep 40% of the currency for yourself; let other people "mine" the other 60%.

Or, hire low-wage laborers to re-write the most popular reddit "relationship advice" posts in a pamphlet format to avoid copyright infringement. Read this out loud and make a CD version. Sell the "package" for $100. Hire "associates" to market this to neckbeards in WoW chat rooms -- pay them $50 a sale, keep the other $50 yourself. Sell 30,000 copies through ~2,000 "associates".

Make a shock website where people must pay $5 to "save" a small cute (animated, not real) animal from dying. Spin it as a criticism of the meat-packing industry to paint it as "good" instead of the abhorrent money-scamming scheme it is. For bonus points, use actual animals (feeder fish/mice or another animal with no civil rights) and charge $20.

If being a scam artist fails, start a "traditional" startup company: 1. Study like you're autistic to master 2 technical specialties. 2. Move to the USA if you're not here already. 3. Design a product that's 10x better than anything else out there by combining your knowledge about those 2 specialties. 3. Transform from an asocial savant into a hyper-social marketing guy. Sell what you've created. Hire people to work for you. Use your social skills to keep ownership of what you've created (because everyone wants to take your ownership and money).

Other traditional ways of getting rich are real estate investing, investment banking, and becoming a doctor. These all require a staggering amount of time and diligence. By being creative, the amount of time and diligence required is only shocking, not staggering.

Full disclosure: I've taken a lower-effort, lower-reward path so far.

/r/FinalExams Thread