looking for identification on an instrument

There's a bass (that particular sound is called a "burp", where it's probably the bridge pickup on a Jazz style bass and the strings are plucked near the bridge to give it a tight/bright sound), and there's a guitar with a talk box (later some wah pedal guitar sounds as well). I'm not sure which one you're talking about, but I don't hear a wood block. Daft Punk frequently use a vocoder for this kind of effect (talking/singing with a synth or other instrument providing the carrier), but not in this case. They were clearly going for a distinctive disco and 70s funk and R&B vibe (Zapp was maybe the most famous for using the talk box in this kinda context).

/r/VSTi Thread