Russian accused of hacking the data of 80 million people extradited to US

Jeez. When confronted with evidence that directly contradicted your assertion, you started twisting facts in a fallacious way and making gigantic assumptive leaps, instead of weighing — for even one second — the possibility that you were simply mistaken. I mean, do you even know what you're saying? Russia is illegally occupying 20% of Georgia, therefore they control the decision-making in the other 80%? Is that the situation in Ukraine, too? Do they run the show Kiev? Come on.

For the record, the current Georgian government is on adversarial footing with Russia. Its President, Giorgi Margvelashvili, ran on furthering ties with Europe and joining NATO and considers the territories you listed as illegally occupied.

Russia is not in a position to further entrench its forces into Georgia. It is already extraordinarily isolated on the global stage, and cannot risk giving Western officials further reason to impose additional sanctions or expel it from more international associations. Conversely, Margvelashvili has repeatedly said he will convince the E.U. and U.S. that Georgia is a worthy/vital ally deserving of inclusion in NATO.

I would be extremely surprised if anyone in the Kremlin consented to this extradition. It makes no sense. It's not in their interest, and they would have no immediate means to enforce their demands.

/r/politics Thread Parent Link -