My Top Ten of 2014
1. Clarisonic Mia- Although I haven’t found a Holy Grail cleanser to go with this, this is absolutely my top best product of 2014. I got this for Christmas last year and a year of using this consistently has changed my skin forever.
2. Garnier Cleansing Oil- I was looking for a better way to take off my makeup before using my Clarisonic and once I began my search, this was released in stores. I’ve gone through about 7 bottles of this since it was released and will continue to repurchase for forever and ever.
3. Dry Shampoo- My two favorites are Batiste (any scent) and the Suave professionals original. I just started using the Suave Moroccan version and it works slightly better than the original, but I don’t know how I feel about the smell. Dry shampoo has been another life changer this year. Don’t know what I would do without it.
4. Tweezerman Eyelash Curler- You know how it feels when you find a curler that is just right for you and your eye shape? That’s this for me. Momma gave this to me for Christmas last year and it curls my lashes like no other, fits my eye shape like no other, and is more durable and high quality than anything else I’ve ever tried. I think I’ll always go back to this one.
5. Covergirl Clump Crusher and Maybelline the Falsies mascara-This is the best mascara duo I have tried thusfar. I recommended this to another fellow reddit lady recently because it’s the best combination to keep my lashes curled, lengthen, define, and volumize and blacken all at the same time.
6. Covergirl Stay Fabulous foundation- I’ve only used this in the winter months because, well, I only really use foundation in the colder months. This has been my go-to since I have discovered it because of the application, coverage, staying power, and, very importantly, a pump (which is the reason I chose this over Revlon Colorstay). I’m in the search for another currently because It’s not the best for dry skin like mine :/
7. Maybelline Master Studio Highlighting Blush in Nude- This is hands down my favorite highlighter. It’s more of a satin-ey finish than a glittery finish and the combination of colors in the mosaic looks amazing on any skin tone. Reminds me a lot of a more wearable version of Soft and Gentle by MAC.
8. My MAC eyeshadow palette- This is just my go-to if I don’t know what kind of eyeshadow to wear on any given day. I love the new palettes MAC came out with this year so I picked one up this spring to have exclusively MAC shades in. Some of my favorites are Jest, Moleskin, Woodwinked, and Vanilla.
9. Jordana Made-to-Last eyeliners in Black and Brown- I’m not sure of what the actual names are, but the black one is the creamiest, most opaque black I’ve ever tried. This beats Mac Feline eye kohl by a landslide in texture, opacity, and staying power. I use both of these almost daily and although they aren’t the best for the waterline, I will continue to repurchase them.
10. I finally found my MLBB shade!- The Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Warm Me Up (in the brown tube) is my new go-to lipstick because it looks like, well, my lips but better. I kind of stopped the search a while back, and it was like as soon as I stopped searching, I found this. I love the finish of this warm, pinky-neural shade!