Line Advice

Rio Gold is what you want, you are probably making a mistake if you buy another line. I would normally say that this is just my opinion but it’s not, it is essentially a fact that rio gold is the best floating trout line around. I am not going to say there is not a better fly line for your particular rod as it differs rod to rod but if you were to try every floating trout line the rio gold will be the best for about 80% of fast action 5wt trout rods, the other 20% is normally a scientific angler line so you have the correct brands. I do like the amplitude because it comes a half line heavier (a 5wt is really a 5.5wt) which helps the rod load but really just covers up other shortcomings of the line IMO

/r/flyfishing Thread