Hi guys, I built my PC last year with this build:
I'm looking for better FPS performance, but I don't want to spend too much money (Less than 400$ preferably).
What I want:
1) To be able to run VR well (no lag at all). I just need something that's optimal for VR, I don't need anything overpowered like the Titan xp.
2) To be able to play Player Unknown Battlegrounds at a solid 60 FPS. I play most games at 60+, however PUBG is still in Alpha so it may be why I get lag. I get about 40 FPS, and whenever someone shoots, I get lots of lag spikes (2~10 fps).
So I've considered a few options:
1) I could sell my Radeon R9 390 for about $190~ and buy a 1080 for ~$530.
2) I could sell my GPU for $190~ and buy the 1080 ti, which is 700$.
3) I could buy a second Radeon GPU (Not sure which one to get)
Option 1: Would a 1080 be strong enough?
Option 2: Expensive.
Option 3: Is it a bad to invest in two Radeon GPUS? Seems like Nvidia would be better (If i wanted to go for two GPUs in the future). Also, not sure if this would even be enough.
*Google says having a Radeon and a NVIDIA simultaenously is a bad idea.
Appreciate any advice.